As a non-profit organization, nothing is more important to Lyons Main Street than our volunteers. We strive to treat you right, enrich your life, and have some fun. The last thing we want to do is waste your time, or give you a task you don’t want. So, if you’ll take a few minutes to look over the volunteer options and fill out the form below, we’ll find the perfect fit for you.
Committee Member (All committees meet once each month for about an hour. We appreciate a one-year commitment.)
- Organization – fundraising, partner & volunteer recruitment, marketing & advertising
- Design – public & facade improvements, history & architecture
- Promotions – event planning, volunteer coordination, advertising
- Economic Restructuring – grow nearby businesses & strengthen existing ones
Single Event Volunteer (Join us for a few hours or the whole day)
- Tales from the Altamaha – 3rd & 4th weeks in April
- Soap Box Derby – 1st Saturday in May (usually)
- Soap Box Derby Rally Races – periodically throughout the year
- The Real Squeal BBQ & Music Festival – 2nd weekend in October
- Veterans Parade – November
- Winter Wonder Lyons – 1st Saturday in December
“Virtual Volunteer” Provide off-site support as needed (requires an internet connection, email address, some knowledge of online-based research & tools)
“On-Call” Volunteer If we need an extra hand at any event or behind the scenes, we’ll ask you first
Thank you for thinking of us!